Efdemin Shares Details for New Remix 12"
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Dial stalwart and proprietor of authentic deep house Efdemin has shared details for the first in a remix series for his most recent studio album, Decay, composed over the course of a three-month artist residency in Kyoto, Japan. The forthcoming 12" will feature some of the Panorama Bar regular's favorite artists, including Bristol-based Livity Sound member Asusu, and Swedish techno producer Staffan Linzatti. Closing out the three-track effort, Efdemin's studiomate John Gürtler (a.k.a. The Borderline State) eschews added electronics in favor of acoustic instrumentation in “Parallaxis," to yield what is described as a convergence of minimalist composers Moondog and Wim Mertens.
Decay Versions Part 1 is out through Dial in both vinyl and digital formats on June 30, and a tracklist has been included below.
A1. Some Kind Of Up And Down Yes (Asusu Remix)
B1. Solaris (Staffan Linzatti Remix)
B2. Parallaxis (The Borderline State Remix)
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player