Efdemin Shares Details for New Remix 12"
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Dial stalwart and proprietor of authentic deep house Efdemin has shared details for the first in a remix series for his most recent studio album, Decay, composed over the course of a three-month artist residency in Kyoto, Japan. The forthcoming 12" will feature some of the Panorama Bar regular's favorite artists, including Bristol-based Livity Sound member Asusu, and Swedish techno producer Staffan Linzatti. Closing out the three-track effort, Efdemin's studiomate John Gürtler (a.k.a. The Borderline State) eschews added electronics in favor of acoustic instrumentation in “Parallaxis," to yield what is described as a convergence of minimalist composers Moondog and Wim Mertens.
Decay Versions Part 1 is out through Dial in both vinyl and digital formats on June 30, and a tracklist has been included below.
A1. Some Kind Of Up And Down Yes (Asusu Remix)
B1. Solaris (Staffan Linzatti Remix)
B2. Parallaxis (The Borderline State Remix)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player