Hear Another Cut from Luke Abbott's Upcoming LP
- Words: Kat Leinhart
Ahead of the release of his sophomore LP for James Holden's Border Community label, Luke Abbott has unveiled bubbling album cut "Free Migration." The nine tracks comprising Wysing Forest reportedly took shape from live, often improvised recordings made during the modular synth specialist's residency at Wysing Arts Centre in Cambridgeshire in 2012, and were inspired by spiritual jazz. This new issue follows from his debut Holkham Drones nearly four years ago, and two EPs for Gold Panda's Notown label.
Abbott has said that Wysing Forest "has a very particular arc to it, and the tracks only really make sense in the context of that arc," but until the record lands on June 23, "Free Migration" can be heard below, and a crop of tour dates coinciding with the release has also been posted.
June 21: Totnes South Devon Arts Centre
June 23: Glasgow Mono
June 25: Manchester Kraak Gallery
June 26: London St. Pancras Church (Sold Out)
July 19: Isle of Eigg Howling Fling
Sep 25: London Union Chapel (supporting Hauschka)
Nov 11: London Cafe Oto w/ Karen Gwyer + Laura Cannell
Nov 12: London Vortex w/ Jack Wylie + guests
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player