Hear Doc Daneeka's Contribution To the Upcoming Compilation from 2020 Vision
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Virgile Guinard
Having already shared streams of Matthew Herbert's remix of Maya Jane Coles and Simian Mobile Disco's new production for the upcoming Content compilation from 2020 Vision, we have now gotten our hands on "One for Pidge," the forthcoming collection's chord-fueled contribution from Berlin transplant Doc Daneeka. With "One for Pidge," Daneeka—who told us about his favorite piano-led tracks yesterday in a new edition of Hi-Five—crafts a full-bodied, but still somewhat relaxed dancefloor track. Led by filtered chords, the tune is laced with a slight shuffle, which fits in well with the song's soul-burnt textures and slow-morphing background atmospherics.
2020 Vision's Content compilation is still a few weeks away with its release date set for June 30. Until then, Daneeka's infectious contribution to the collection, "One for Pidge," can be streamed in full below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player