The Juan MacLean Details New Album, Shares Video for Lead Single
- Words: Kat Leinhart
The Juan MacLean has disclosed details for a third full-length album, due out in early fall via longstanding label home DFA. In 2005, Nancy Whang's and Juan MacLean's debut LP, Less Than Human, collected favorable reactions across the board, as did its follow-up album, The Future Will Come, which arrived four years later. Since then, the two artists have steadily issued a series of singles via DFA, and their forthcoming long-player will reportedly build on the pair's signature alchemy of electro, disco, techno, and house. Produced with an abundance of vintage synthesizers, this new album is playfully being described as "the Nancy Show," as Whang's vocals are said to capture a prominent lead throughout the record.
In a Dream officially lands on September 15 in Europe, and the following day in North America. For now, however, the video for the first single, "A Place Called Space," can be watched below, where a full LP tracklist has also been included.
1. A Place Called Space
2. Here I Am
3. Love Stops Here
4. You Were a Runaway
5. Running Back To You
6. I've Waited For So Long
8. A Simple Design
9. The Sun Will Never Set On Our Love
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player