Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, DVA, Visionist, and More Billed for New Forms Festival
- Words: Kat Leinhart
Vancouver's New Forms Festival, an event XLR8R hits every year, has released the first wave of artists for its upcoming 14th edition. Though relatively small, New Forms has staked a reputation for on-the-pulse programming that prioritizes quality over big names (although a few always stand out), and this year is no exception. Highlights for us include the loose kinship collective of Mathematics label head and prolific freeform techno producer Hieroglyphic Being, DJs Sotofett and Fett Burger of the mutant Sex Tags outfit, Golden Pudel resident Helena Hauff, and Acido label founder Dynamo Dreesen. Electronic abstractionist Oneohtrix Point Never will also feature, as will Inga Copeland, Hyperdub ambassador Scratcha DVA, urban grime alchemist Visionist, and more.
New Forms also integrates installations from a wide-ranging AV artist corps, as detailed in this first announcement, and runs from September 18–21 at the iconic Science World structure in downtown Vancouver. In preparation, XLR8R's coverage of of last year's edition, featuring Jeff Mills, Kassem Mosse, Delroy Edwards, and Anthony Naples, can be found here.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player