Presk Details Upcoming EP for SoHaSo
- Words: Kat Leinhart
Dutch producer/DJ Presk is an alumnus of Amsterdam's bass-heavy scene, but these days largely deals in techno, house, and hybrid grooves with lashings of sub-bass. Following his recent Saluki 12" for Doc Daneeka's Ten Thousand Yen, this new issue is reportedly all about exploring relationships with linear structures: "Chaos from order. Crooked lines. Wicked stabs." The four-track EP constitutes the third release for Trouw resident Nuno dos Santos’ Something Happening Somewhere label (a.k.a. SoHaSo), with the elusive Single Point Edge remixing the closing cut, and artwork by Children of the Light founder Christopher Gabriel.
Babou sees vinyl release on July 7, and is out digitally two weeks following.
02 Sink Shift
03 Gomero (Single Point Edge Remix)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player