Preview Adam X's Debut EP for L.I.E.S.
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Adam X established himself a mainstay of New York's techno scene throughout the '80s and '90s (together with Frankie Bones) as a DJ/producer with a penchant for harder, rougher takes on techno. It's fitting, then, that the producer and Sonic Groove label head–who has also released under monikers like Traversable Wormhole–is slated to make his debut on Ron Morelli's L.I.E.S. under his experimental ADMX-71 alias.
The three tracks on his upcoming Redacted Files EP reportedly present a unique take on traditional EBM sound, and are geared toward listeners with an affinity for "darker territories." The 12" lands later this month, but until then a tracklist and stream of lead cut "Disentangle Me" have been posted below, with a preview of the full EP available over at Rush Hour.
01 Disentangle Me
02 A Strife Within
03 Cryptic Language
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player