Robert Hood Details Forthcoming Remix 12"
- Words: Kat Leinhart
Detroit techno pioneer Robert Hood has shared details for an upcoming 12" on his own M-Plant imprint (now in its 20th year), which will feature three edits of his 1994 record, Protein Valve. According to the press release, the original Protein Valve helped "set the standard for his M-Plant label becoming synonymous with a stripped-down, tough, and rhythmic raw sound" alongside other early efforts from the former Underground Resistance member such as Internal Empire, Music Data, and Moveable Parts. These three fresh reworks hone in on the bassier elements of the original, upholding both Hood and the label's knack for on-point, effective production. News of the EP follows another remix 12" as Floorplan last month, and a recent 20 Questions feature for XLR8R in which the producer sounds off on borrowing a Kraftwerk record from Anthony "Shake" Shakir, the most essential tools in his studio, and meeting Jeff Mills.
Protein Valve Edits is due out in both digital and vinyl formats on July 7, and a tracklist can be found below.
01. Protein Valve (Re-Plant)
02. Protein Valve (Edit 1)
03. Protein Valve (Edit 2)
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player