Robert Hood Details Forthcoming Remix 12"
- Words: Kat Leinhart
Detroit techno pioneer Robert Hood has shared details for an upcoming 12" on his own M-Plant imprint (now in its 20th year), which will feature three edits of his 1994 record, Protein Valve. According to the press release, the original Protein Valve helped "set the standard for his M-Plant label becoming synonymous with a stripped-down, tough, and rhythmic raw sound" alongside other early efforts from the former Underground Resistance member such as Internal Empire, Music Data, and Moveable Parts. These three fresh reworks hone in on the bassier elements of the original, upholding both Hood and the label's knack for on-point, effective production. News of the EP follows another remix 12" as Floorplan last month, and a recent 20 Questions feature for XLR8R in which the producer sounds off on borrowing a Kraftwerk record from Anthony "Shake" Shakir, the most essential tools in his studio, and meeting Jeff Mills.
Protein Valve Edits is due out in both digital and vinyl formats on July 7, and a tracklist can be found below.
01. Protein Valve (Re-Plant)
02. Protein Valve (Edit 1)
03. Protein Valve (Edit 2)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player