Steve Bicknell Relaunches Cosmic Records
- Words: Jay Donaldson
After a nine-year hiatus, Sheree Rashit and Steve Bicknell have announced they will relaunch their vinyl-only label, Cosmic Records. Founded in 1993, the label ran in conjunction with the pair's infamous Lost parties, which saw acts such as Jeff Mills, Robert Hood, and Basic Channel playing the UK capital. The label itself has been responsible for EPs from the likes of Mark Broom, Tyree Cooper, and D.J. Deeon, with Bicknell himself contributing the essential Lost Recordings series, the eighth edition of which will see a release at the end of this month.
Entitled Transcendence, the record constitutes the producer's first outing since 2005, with label director Rashit mentioning in an interview with Juno Plus that it comes ahead of numerous other forthcoming issues "within a different vein across the cosmic divisions."
No clips are available as of yet, but Lost Recordings 8: Transcendence will be available on June 30, with a typically vague tracklisting included below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player