Stream M. Geddes Gengras' Upcoming LP for Leaving
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Though one wouldn't know it simply by listening to Ishi, the upcoming LP of sprawling ambient expeditions from LA synth navigator M. Geddes Gengras, the album actually takes its inspiration from a very particular source: the story of Ishi, the "the last wild Indian" to emerge from isolation and into the modern world of 1911 America.
Only three-tracks long, Ishi clocks in at 35 minutes, its trio of calming ambient compositions feeling free to take their time. The resulting LP is a slow-moving canvas of fluttering arpeggios, aimless melodies, and dense aquatic pads. The opening "Ishi" stretches its organ-like drones across a wide canvas; "Passage" is far-reaching and marked by lightly tweaked synths that bubble to the top; and finally, "Threshold" digs the deepest into Gergras' lush textures. In the end, each song represents a seperate journeys into the dense modular wilderness.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player