Tim Hecker, Millie + Andrea, and More Announced for Berlin Atonal 2014
- Words: James Eaton
An event series whose roots reach back to the early '80s, Berlin Atonal was relaunched last year, taking over a disused power plant in central Berlin for five days of performances and installations. Now, the festival has announced the initial line-up for its upcoming 2014 run. Set to take place this August, Berlin Atonal will feature performances from Tim Hecker (pictured above), Modern Love mainstays Andy Stott and Miles Whittaker (under the guise of their Mille + Andrea collaboration), as well as a rare performance from storied UK drum & bass outfit Source Direct. More artists will be announced in the weeks ahead, and the event will also feature a number of afterparties, including one curated by Bristol's Subtext label with DJ sets by James Ginzburg and Paul Purgas (a.k.a. Empytset), PAN's Bill Kouligas, and others.
Taking place from August 20 to August 24 in the multi-leveled, multi-staged Kraftwerk Berlin venue (a.k.a. the repurposed power plant alluded to earlier), the rest of Berlin Atonal's so-far announced line-up can be found here, where further details of the festival are also available. (via Resident Advisor)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player