Berghain Opens 10th Anniversary Celebrations
- Words: Kat Leinhart
In December 2014, storied Berlin club Berghain will be celebrating its 10-year anniversary. As a prelude, an exhibition of works by visual artists is planned for later this summer. Entitled "10," the exhibition stands as an homage to artists who have been closely affiliated with the club since its inception. Their projects will reportedly be designed for the exhibition space at Halle am Berghain (which is only occasionally open to the public), and will take up themes such as "club culture, the phenomenon of the mass, non-elitism, cult of the body and tattoos, neoclassism, and the ruinous rawness of the building." Among those slated to show works are Raster-Noton label co-founder Carsten Nicolai (a.k.a. Alva Noto) and Berghain gatekeeper and photographer Sven Marquardt, as well as Norbert Bisky, Ali Kepenek, Piotr Nathan, Friederike von Rauch, Sarah Schönfeld, Viron Erol Vert, and Marc Brandenburg.
"10" opens on August 7, and runs through the end of the month.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player