Berghain Opens 10th Anniversary Celebrations
- Words: Kat Leinhart
In December 2014, storied Berlin club Berghain will be celebrating its 10-year anniversary. As a prelude, an exhibition of works by visual artists is planned for later this summer. Entitled "10," the exhibition stands as an homage to artists who have been closely affiliated with the club since its inception. Their projects will reportedly be designed for the exhibition space at Halle am Berghain (which is only occasionally open to the public), and will take up themes such as "club culture, the phenomenon of the mass, non-elitism, cult of the body and tattoos, neoclassism, and the ruinous rawness of the building." Among those slated to show works are Raster-Noton label co-founder Carsten Nicolai (a.k.a. Alva Noto) and Berghain gatekeeper and photographer Sven Marquardt, as well as Norbert Bisky, Ali Kepenek, Piotr Nathan, Friederike von Rauch, Sarah Schönfeld, Viron Erol Vert, and Marc Brandenburg.
"10" opens on August 7, and runs through the end of the month.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player