Download New Mixes from MGUN, Nguzunguzu, and Scuba
- Words: Jay Donaldson
A spate of distinctive mixes have surfaced today, including sessions from rising Detroit producer MGUN, West Coast production duo Nguzunguzu (pictured above), and Hotflush label head Scuba. Even better, all three are available for free download.
First up, Manuel Gonzales (a.k.a. MGUN) has made a name for himself with releases for reputable labels such as The Trilogy Tapes, Don't Be Afraid, and Kyle Hall's Wild Oats, and as part of the Underground Resistance collective's live show. His latest mix was originally submitted for London-based Digital Tsunami (unfortunately without a tracklist), and can be heard and downloaded below.
Made up of Asma Maroof and Daniel Pineda, Nguzunguzu first surfaced in 2010 with the Mirage EP, and have gone on to lead the surge of high-octane club music that melts together R&B, hip-hop, juke, bass, and more. This new mix, posted below, highlights ambassadors of the Night Slugs and Fade to Mind crews, and a full tracklist can be found over at Thump.
Rounding things off, Scuba follows the recent release of his Phenix 2 EP (the second in a trilogy of EPs on his own Hotflush label) with a new mix for the corresponding podcast series. The hour-long recording is characterized by "underwater tones and gritty, hedonistic techno" from the likes of Levon Vincent, Rrose, and Dario Zenker, and can be streamed and downloaded below, with a full tracklist available here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player