Eric Copeland of Black Dice Announces Debut L.I.E.S. Release
- Words: Kat Leinhart
Eric Copeland, who is perhaps best known for his work as part of Brooklyn-based experimental outfit Black Dice, has announced that he will debut on Ron Morelli's sprawling L.I.E.S. imprint this fall. The American-born musician has written and produced scores of albums, singles, and remixes, including last year's Joke in the Hole full-length for DFA, and his forthcoming LP, Logo My Ego (artwork above), reportedly continues a "tradition of experimental sonic derangement." Billed as "pop music for the demented," its five tracks are said to alternately evoke listening experiences akin to "eating ice cream off a city blacktop in August" or taking part in a "slow, dry-mouthed mule caravan trudging through the desert, looking for a oasis while hallucinating on DMT." The five-track mini LP is set to arrive on September 15, and in the meantime, a-side cut "Uncle Sam's Blues" can be streamed in full below, where a tracklist has also been included.
A1 Logo My Ego
A2 Uncle Sam's Blues
B1 Trophy Nuts
B2 Beat Box
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player