Grenier and Petey Clicks Form Nevermind, Ready Debut EP for Trouble & Bass
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Since we profiled West Coast producer Dean Grenier (or simply Grenier, pictured above) as a Bubblin' Up artist back in 2012, the now LA-based talent has kept himself busy. Most recently, Grenier and Brooklyn outfit Archie Pelago delivered a full LP together, and now the producer has shared word of another collaborative project.
Working together with Petey Clicks (of the Clicks & Whistles crew), Grenier has formed Nevermind, which will release its debut EP on July 29 via the Trouble & Bass imprint. In the build-up to that record, the pair will be releasing a series of "cheeky bootlegs flipping grime tracks into jackin' house," the first of which—a brooding rework of JME's "If You Don't Know"—can be streamed and downloaded in full below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player