How to Dress Well Shares Final Chapter of Video Trilogy
- Words: Melkorka Licea
Now that R&B craftsman Tom Krell's (a.k.a. How to Dress Well) "What is This Heart?" LP officially saw its release via the Weird World label last week, the artist has unveiled the final piece of his eerie and heart-wrenching video trilogy. After initially showing the series' protagonists grappling with love and death in the first installment with a video for "Repeat Pleasure"—which was followed by the young couple's struggle to properly say goodbye to their deceased loved one in the trilogy's second segment set to the dark, trudging "Face Again"—the tortured lovers at last find their release in the final chapter. Set to the hopeful and upbeat "Childhood Faith in Love," the third installation (again directed by Johannes Greve Muskat) features the dazed pair stumbling around a dusty and desolate landscape before finding solace in a handful of gas station snacks. The feverish duo then proceed to erotically devour the meal as if it were their last. The full video for "Childhood Faith in Love" can be viewed below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player