Huerco S., Ital, Protect-U, Hound Scales and More Added to Sustain-Release Line-Up
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Anastasia Filipovna
Last month, the first announcement of New York's forthcoming Sustain-Release festival (a collaboration between NYC producer, and organizer of Brooklyn's Mutual Dreaming parties, Aurora Halal and longtime music writer and promoter Zara Wladawsky) arrived with word that Xosar, Joey Anderson, Blondes, and MGUN were all billed for the summer camp-style festival. Now, Sustain-Release has unveiled the second wave of artists slated to perform at the inaugural edition of the East Coast event. An impressive selection of Stateside talent has been added to the festival's bill including former XLR8R podcast contributor Huerco S. (pictured above), NYC transplant Ital, Future Times affiliates Protect-U, and recent Bubblin' Up artist Hound Scales, who will perform alongside Divvorce as Fifth Wall (the name of the Brooklyn label the two co-founded last year). In addition, Sustain-Release will also host a showcase of renowned NYC techno night/label The Bunker, which will feature sets from The Bunker founder Bryan Kasenic, Mike Servito, Clay Wilson, and Forma.
Set to take place from September 12 to the 14 at a 500-capacity summer camp near the Catskills Mountains in Wurtsboro, New York, Sustain-Release's full line-up can be seen on the flier below.
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player