Huxley Streams New Track from Upcoming EP for Aus
- Words: James Eaton
Michael Dodman (a.k.a. Huxley) will drop The Machine EP via Will Saul's Aus label on Monday, but before then the UK DJ/producer has shared a full stream of "Machina," a vocal-led cut set to appear on the upcoming effort.
On "Machina," Huxley—a former XLR8R podcast contributor—begins in somewhat familiar territory, piecing together a dense and moody slice of deep-reaching house. After building the basis of his track, Huxley then begins to introduce the vocals of Jack Wilby, whose soulful crooning eventually leads the bass-loaded club tune's latter half. "Machina" can be streamed in full below before The Machine EP lands on July 21, serving as a taste of Blurred, Huxley's forthcoming album for Aus which will see a release in October.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player