Laurent Garnier Announces Upcoming EP for Hypercolour
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Earlier this year, veteran French producer Laurent Garnier (who kicked off our 20 Questions feature series back in March) revived his Garnier alias for a string of EPs across a number of electronic outposts, over the past several months delivering records via Chicago's Still Music label, the Modeselektor-helmed 50Weapons imprint, French label Musique Large, and Motor City Drum Ensemble's eponymous MCDE label. Now, the time-tested producer/DJ has announced he will next land on the Hypercolour imprint with the simply titled BA371 EP.
The forthcoming effort's a-side will feature "ENCHANTé," an "epic 122 bpm chugger" that is said to include "soaring and pitch-bending strings, rasping keys, and filtered vocals" in its run. On the flip, Garnier will present "pǝsnɟuoɔ," a dark and pumping techno cut that is said to go "straight for the jugular" as it "nods to the sounds of Detroit's minimalists Robert Hood and Jeff Mills." Garnier's BA371 EP will see a vinyl release on August 18, followed by a digital release on September 1; it's artwork can be seen above.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player