Listen to the Upcoming Debut LP from Jim-E Stack
- Words: Glenn Jackson
San Francisco-born, formerly New Orleans, and now New York-based producer Jim-E Stack (a.k.a. James Harmon Stack) is set to drop his debut LP, Tell Me I Belong, next week via Innovative Leisure. In anticipation of the 10-track record's release, the upcoming album can now be streamed in full. Said to be the result of "months and months of sketching, refining, and developing," Tell Me I Belong presents the producer's own diverse take on contemporary electronic music, with each track taking on a different hybrid form across a range of synth-soaked club tunes and R&B-infused productions.
While the record can be streamed via the player below, Stack has also put together a collage of surveillance camera footage to accompanying the full stream of Tell Me I Belong, aiming to "enhance the album's overarching theme of intimacy without connection." The producer's full audio-visual LP experience can be seen/heard here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player