Pioneer Debuts the PLX-1000 Turntable
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Pioneer has long been at the fore of the CDJ market, with its first model released around 1994. However, since leading turntable manufacturer Technics ended production of its legendary decks, there has been a gap in the market for high-quality wheels of steel. This is all set to change, though, as Pioneer has announced its new PLX-1000 model, which will reportedly hit markets next month. The model replicates all the signature characteristics of the classic Technic SL-1200, with an added switch enabling the user to change from the standard plus-or-minus eight percent to 16 or even 50. This and all its other features, including a tempo reset button and removable cables, can be previewed in the video below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player