Preview Tuff City Kids' Upcoming Remix 12" for Numbers
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Tuff City Kids (a.k.a. Running Back label head Gerd Janson and Phillip Lauer) have been tasked with reworking "Portland," a track originally released in 2002 by Glaswegian producer Dave Clark's Sparky moniker, and which was reissued (alongside a remix from Ricardo Villalobos) by the Numbers imprint last year. Soon, the forthcoming Portland (Tuff City Kids Remixes) 12" will offer a pair of reworks of the track from Janson and Lauer, with the a-side's "Looney Mix" focusing on acid lines and sci-fi textures, while the b-side's "TB Mix" buries its acid tweaks beneath thick, filtered chords.
Before the 12" sees an official release on July 28, the two new remixes from Tuff City Kids can be previewed below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player