R&S Preps New Album from Paul White
- Words: James Eaton
Known as an inventive hip-hop producer and for his collaborations with Stateside MC Danny Brown, Paul White will debut on the R&S label with a new full-length album in September. Entitled Shaker Notes, the record diverges from the usual R&S fare as well as from much of White's established catalog, being said to find the South London artist shedding his sampler and emerging as a "multi-instrumentalist, singer and producer as he charts the intoxication, heartbreak, and ultimate triumph of a grand love affair" throughout the course of the album.
Serving as our first taste of the upcoming effort is "Honey Cats," a blues-streaked cut which smears loose guitar chords, dreamy vocals, and modulating organ drones atop a slow-rattling march. "Honey Cats" can be streamed in full below, where the tracklist for White's upcoming Shaker Notes LP can also be found before the man's R&S debut lands on September 29.
02 All We Know
03 Where You Gonna Go
04 Honey Cats
05 Wait and See
06 Running on a Rainy Day
07 Fighting to Dance
08 Is It Up To Us
09 Sitting in Circles
10 Numbers of Change
11 Shaker Notes
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player