Robert Hood Details Upcoming 12" as Monobox
- Words: Kat Leinhart
With Detroit techno veteran Robert Hood's M-Plant marking its 20th anniversary this year, the label has seen a flux in output over the past few months, including a forthcoming 12" of Protein Valve re-edits and a recent Floorplan remix record. Now, details have surfaced for an upcoming release under Hood's Monobox moniker, due to drop at the end of the month. According to an interview with RBMA earlier this year, Hood's Monobox project aimed to "approach minimalism from an alien, futuristic perspective." It's been 11 years since the former Underground Resistance member's last release under the alias (for French label Logistic), but the two-track 12" will reintroduce his earlier productions "Rectangle" and "Film," the latter of which is also set to appear on Berlin techno mainstay Marcel Dettmann's forthcoming Fabric 77 mix.
M-Plant will release "Film" b/w "Rectangle" on July 28, and artwork has been posted below.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player