Robert Hood Details Upcoming 12" as Monobox
- Words: Kat Leinhart
With Detroit techno veteran Robert Hood's M-Plant marking its 20th anniversary this year, the label has seen a flux in output over the past few months, including a forthcoming 12" of Protein Valve re-edits and a recent Floorplan remix record. Now, details have surfaced for an upcoming release under Hood's Monobox moniker, due to drop at the end of the month. According to an interview with RBMA earlier this year, Hood's Monobox project aimed to "approach minimalism from an alien, futuristic perspective." It's been 11 years since the former Underground Resistance member's last release under the alias (for French label Logistic), but the two-track 12" will reintroduce his earlier productions "Rectangle" and "Film," the latter of which is also set to appear on Berlin techno mainstay Marcel Dettmann's forthcoming Fabric 77 mix.
M-Plant will release "Film" b/w "Rectangle" on July 28, and artwork has been posted below.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player