Software to Release New EP from Suicideyear, Shares First Single
- Words: Melkorka Licea
Baton Rouge-based producer Suicideyear (a.k.a. James Prudhomme) has announced plans to release a new EP via the Oneohtrix Point Never-curated Software imprint this fall. Titled Remembrance, the eight-track record (which will serve as Suicideyear's debut on the label) was written and produced between Florida and Louisiana, and is said to see Prudhomme "reflecting on themes of love and loss against the backdrop of the deep American South he calls home." The artist goes on to explain how "Remembrance deals with letting go," and that "the name stems from my attempt to accept the loss and difficulty of the past year without dwelling, and instead trying to move on."
Before Remembrance sees its official release on September 24, Prudhomme has shared patient album cut "Hope Building A" paired with a serene video directed by Serena Forghieri.The video can be watched below where the complete tracklist and art for Suicideyear's upcoming EP have also been included.
01 I Don't Care About Death Because I Smoke
04 Hope Building A
06 U S
08 When You Sleep
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player