Teebs, Jonwayne, Baths, Daedelus, Ras G and More to Feature in Upcoming LA Beat Scene Documentary
- Words: James Eaton
Said to have been filmed over the summer of 2013, the upcoming Looking for the Perfect Beat documentary aims to chronicle Los Angeles' renowned beat music community by offering a "fly-on-the-wall perspective" of the production process behind some of the scene's most essential members. Said to be portrayed as a "24-hour tour throughout the city," the full-length doc visits the creative spaces of Teebs, Jonwayne, Baths, Daedelus (pictured above), Ras G, Matthewdavid, Thundercat, the Gaslamp Killer, TOKiMONSTA, and others throughout the course of the film, providing some insight into each artist's process as well as their place within the context of LA's beatmaker movement. The film is set to debut this Sunday as part of Los Angeles' Downtown Film Festival, while the full trailer for Looking for the Perfect Beat can be watched below, though no further screenings or plans to release the film have been revealed at this time.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player