Vessel Details New LP for Tri Angle; Stream the First Single Now
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Following on from his standout debut album from 2012, Order of Noise, Vessel (a.k.a. Sebastian Gainsborough) has unveiled the details of a new LP, which is due out via Tri Angle this September. In making the record, the Bristol-based producer (who we tapped for our Bubblin' Up series in 2012) reportedly sought to move away from "archetypical electronic sounds" and toward the interaction of the physical body with natural or organic sounds. To this end, he employed sheets of metal as percussion instruments, sawed up bikes to make flutes, and built harmonic guitars by hand. According to the accompanying press release, the Englishman also used the record to explore questions of national identity, specifically what "Englishness" in music really means.
Entitled Punish, Honey, the new LP will land on September 16. Until then, the first single, "Red Sex," can be heard in full below, where we've also included the album's tracklist.
02 Red Sex
03 Drowned In Water And Light
06 Black Leaves and Fallen Branches
07 Kin To Coal
08 Punish, Honey
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player