Watch RBMA's Post-Sónar Mini-Doc, 'Made in Barcelona'
- Words: Jay Donaldson
- Photo: Pere Masramon
Following the close of this year's edition of the Sónar festival, Red Bull Music Academy has pulled together an "audio-visual love letter to the city and its music-making residents," in a new video focusing on RBMA grads who live and work in Barcelona. The Made in Barcelona mini-doc follows artists such as Sinjin Hawke and Astroboyz (both of whom make frequent appearances on XLR8R) around some local music haunts, as they reflect on the city's burgeoning creative underground. Behind-the-scenes movers and shakers, like the festival's co-director, also make appearances.
Back in January, XLR8R did an in-depth feature documenting Barcelona's growing electronic music scene, but Made in Barcelona takes things further; the video, which includes live clips from recent performances at the SónarDome, can be watched in full below, and an accompanying interview with Hawke is posted over at RBMA. Our coverage of this year's Sónar festival can also be found here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player