Skam Readies Reissue of Boards of Canada's 'Hi Scores' Album
- Words: Glenn Jackson
First released in 1996 via Manchester imprint Skam, Boards of Canada's Hi Scores EP/LP (it clocks in around 33 minutes), will see a reissue in October. Predating the seminal electronic duo's debut on Warp (the revered Music Has the Right to Children), Hi Scores has been "rerecorded and remastered from the original DAT tapes and will be cut onto heavyweight collectors-edition vinyl" for its forthcoming reissue. A six-track affair, the record is said to have laid down the foundation for the rest of the pair's output that followed—and ultimately helped define a style of electronic music—finding BoC crafting "dreamy, otherworldly post-rave beat music" while displaying a "keen, one-of-a-kind set of ears for affecting melodic and harmonic progressions."
Set to be released as part of the Skam label's 20th anniversary celebrations, the reissue of Hi Scores will see its official release in vinyl, CD, and digital formats on October 13. In the meantime, the record's complete tracklist has been included below along with a full stream of its remastered title cut.
01. Hi Scores
02. Turquoise Hexagon Sun
04. June 9th
05. Seeya Later
06. Everything You Do Is A Balloon
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player