Check Out Space Dimension Controller's Set from Dekmantel Festival
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Claire Cichy
With recordings of Ben UFO's and Joey Anderson's excellent sets from the
Dekmantel Festival surfacing this week, we've spent much of the past few days reliving some of our favorite moments from the recent Amsterdam festival (an event we deemed one of the year's best electronic gatherings). Now, another highlight of Dekmantel has made its way to the web, with Space Dimension Controller's "lovably irreverent" set now available to hear/watch in full. Spanning an hour, the UK DJ/producer's time behind the decks found him piecing together an increasingly fun series of tracks, eventually leading to Sylvester's "Do You Wanna Funk," a disco rework of the Star Wars theme, and Yello's "Oh Yeah" all appearing as the mix came to a close.
Originally broadcast live by Boiler Room, Space Dimension Controller's full Dekmantel 2014 set can be watched/heard below. (For those who would prefer just the audio, the set can also be streamed and downloaded here.) Furthermore, additional Boiler Room/Dekmantel sets from Motor City Drum Ensemble, Surgeon, Tessela, Pariah, Kowton, and more can be found here.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player