Clockwork and Avatism Prep Debut EP as CW/A
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Following a performance together at the 2013 edition of Barcelona's Sónar Festival, Italian producers Clockwork and Avatism have elected to collaborate on recorded material under the name CW/A. The pair's debut outing will land next month in the form of the four-track Conducting the Method EP, which is said to present tracks the artists had developed for a string of "broad and improvisation-centric" live shows that followed Sónar. Selected from those sessions, three resulting dark and adventurous techno excursions will make up CW/A's recorded debut, alongside a remix from Berlin duo Dead Heat.
Conducting the Method is set to see a vinyl release on September 15 via Vakant, with a digital release to follow on September 29. In the meantime, the EP's artwork can be seen above, and its full tracklist can be found below.
A1 Conducting the Method
B1 Modern Conflict Theory
B2 Sothis (Dead Heat Remix)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player