Daniel Avery Drops Mix, Shares New Video
- Words: Kat Leinhart
Nearly a year after the release of Drone Logic—London producer Daniel Avery's debut full-length for Phantasy—a new video has surfaced for the album's hypnotic closing cut, "Knowing We’ll Be Here." As the video's director Joshua Lipworth tells Dazed, the clip was inspired by the track's "euphoric distorted drones which sounded to me like a kind of drowning sensation.” Lipworth goes on to explain that "From research I found that before you die from drowning there is a reported euphoria that can last for several minutes as your brain is starved of oxygen, and I wanted to replicate that progression visually." The resulting video for "Knowing We’ll Be Here"—which was shot underwater on 35mm film that was later manually treated to multiple exposures—can be watched in full below.
In addition, Avery has also been tapped to deliver latest FACT mix, which arrives just before the launch of his Divided Love Fabric residency on August 15, and can be streamed and downloaded below as well.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player