DJ Shadow Launches Label, Shares New EP with Remix from Machinedrum
- Words: James Eaton
Pioneering California-based producer DJ Shadow has launched his Liquid Amber label with a new EP featuring two new productions and a remix from Machinedrum. Named after the new label, DJ Shadow explains that the Liquid Amber EP is intended as an "opening salvo in what I hope is a long string of music, by myself and others, on my new imprint." For his part, the longstanding beatmaker/DJ describes his two new productions—"Ghost Town" and "Mob"—as "an ambitious ride through many of the micro-genres within the future-bass umbrella that have inspired me recently" and "an intentionally stripped-down, Cali-certified head-nodder," respectively. Closing out the EP is Machinedrum's remix of Shadow's classic "Six Days" track, which was initially commissioned "as a tour weapon."
DJ Shadow's new Liquid Amber EP can be streamed in full below and EP cut "Ghost Town" can be downloaded for free by following the short set of instructions found here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player