Grouper Announces Upcoming LP for Kranky
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Liz Harris (a.k.a. Grouper) will re-emerge with a new album in October. Set to see a release via Kranky, the forthcoming Ruins LP was "made in Aljezur, Portugal in 2011... except the last song, which I did at mother's house in 2004," Harris explains in a press release. Speaking of her time in Portugal, Harris says "It was the first time Iʼd sat still for a few years, [and I] processed a lot of political anger and emotional garbage." Furthermore, Harris notes that the album was largely inspired by her frequent, miles-long hikes to the beach, explaining that "The album is a document. A nod to that daily walk. Failed structures. Living in the remains of love. I left the songs the way they came."
Ruins—which is said to have been recorded using "a portable 4-track, Sony stereo mic, and an upright piano"—will see its official release on October 31. In the meantime, the artwork and full tracklist for Grouper's upcoming album have been included below.
1. Made of Metal
3. Call Across Rooms
8. Made of Air
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player