Hear the Lead Track from Jon Convex's Upcoming EP for Zone
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Veteran DJ/producer Damon Kirkham (a.k.a. Jon Convex) is preparing for his first solo release of 2014, the electro-influenced "Force" b/w "Snake." Set to appear via Parisian label Zone later in the month, the record's b-side cut is now streaming in full. Utilising the deft drum programming and dark textures Convex honed during his time as one half of innovative UK duo Instra:mental, this recent material finds him exploring the influence of everything from "The Alan Parsons Project and Autechre to the film scores of Vangelis and John Carpenter that Kirkham immersed himself in as a child."
A full stream of "Snake" can be heard below before Convex's upcoming single lands on August 25. Furthermore, the time-tested producer also dropped off a new remix for our Downloads section earlier this week, which can be grabbed here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
XLR8R Downloads Player