Hear a Track from Maxmillion Dunbar's New EP for The Trilogy Tapes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Originally announced back in January, Maxmillion Dunbar's Drizzling Glass EP for The Trilogy Tapes label will (after some unexpected delays) see its official release next week. To reintroduce the effort, the imprint is now streaming EP cut "Jubilee" in full.
Set to lead off Drizzling Glass, "Jubilee" is a snaking piece of dancefloor music, one in which static-laden drum hits hold the groove underneath an intertwining series of glass-like synth sequences. The tune can be streamed in full below, while new age-streaked EP closer "Calvin & Hobbes" can be heard here. Dunbar—who himself co-heads the adventurous Future Times label—delivered last week's exclusive XLR8R podcast; that session can be streamed and download here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player