The Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- Words: James Eaton
Swedish duo The Knife have announced that it will split following the conclusion of its upcoming European tour. As Pitchfork reports, the outfit revealed on its website earlier today that its upcoming fall tour would be "our last," before going on to confirm in an interview with Dazed that The Knife will break up for good following its handful of reamaining live dates. "When we finish the tour now in November we will close down," group member Karin Dreijer says in the interview, "We don’t have any obligations to continue." Furtermore, the band's PR is said to have also confirmed the impending split.
Dazed's full interview with The Knife members Karin Dreijer and Olof Dreijer can be read here, while our review of the outfit's most recent LP—the "98-minute behemoth of a fourth album," Shaking the Habitual—can be read here. The group's remaining tour dates have been included below.
October 31 Stockholm, Sweden - Annexet
November 1 Gothenburg, Sweden - Film Studios
November 3 Berlin, Germany - Arena Berlin Treptow
November 5 Manchester, England - Manchester Academy
November 6 London, England - Brixton Academy
November 7-9 Reykjavik, Iceland - Iceland Airwaves
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player