Max Cooper to Debut Collaborative Skew & Satirist Project on Upcoming EP
- Words: James Eaton
Following the release of his debut LP, Human, earlier this year (and a contribution to our Artist Tips series), Max Cooper has unveiled a new collaborative project, Skew & Satirist, which will issue its first effort next month via the Killekill label. Combining the talents of Cooper and Berlin-based producer Gareth Williams (a.k.a. Raw Hedroom), Skew & Satirist's debut EP, Through the Compound Eye, is said to present three "twisted techno" tracks from the pair.
As the story goes, Cooper and Williams first met in Nottingham, where they eventually lived together for a number of years, helping each other learn the crafts of production and DJing along the way. Having long collaborated behind the scenes, the upcoming effort for Killekill marks Cooper's and William's first official release together, and is described as landing somewhere between "driving weirdo techno, warm melodic acid, and daring sound experiments." Skew & Satirist's Through the Compound Eye EP is set to see a vinyl release on September 8, with a digital release to arrive the following week. In the meantime, the record's tracklist has been included below.
A1 Optic Chasm
B1 Eaten Alive
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player