Nathan Fake and Wesley Matsell Launch Joint Label; Preview the First Release
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Nathan Fake and Wesley Matsell have announced a joint label venture, Cambria Instruments, which launches today with a split single from the two founders. A longstanding affiliate of James Holden's Border Community, Fake has been issuing off-kilter, melodic dance music via the label since 2003, which also oversaw the release of Matsell's Total Order of Being 12" earlier this year. According to Resident Advisor, Cambria Instruments is named for the he ancient English/Latin word for Wales, Matsell's home country, and was inspired by Fake's interest in British history. The debut Cambria01 release (artwork above) includes a track from both producers, which reportedly offer "new esoteric melodies and textures previously unheard from both artists," and can be streamed in full via RA.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player