RBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- Words: James Eaton
Ahead of the Red Bull Music Academy's fast-approaching 2014 session in Tokyo, Japan, the academy has unveiled plans to launch Diggin' in the Carts, a documentary series that will "explore the secret history of Japanese video game music." The six-part series is said to examine "a new chapter in the evolution of video game music with each episode," and will include commentary from producers such as Flying Lotus, Kode9, Ikonika, Fatima Al Qadiri, and others whose musical tastes and interests were shaped by an early exposure to video game music.
The first episode of Diggin' in the Carts is set to land on September 4, but before then, an intriguing trailer for the series can be watched below.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player