RBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- Words: James Eaton
Ahead of the Red Bull Music Academy's fast-approaching 2014 session in Tokyo, Japan, the academy has unveiled plans to launch Diggin' in the Carts, a documentary series that will "explore the secret history of Japanese video game music." The six-part series is said to examine "a new chapter in the evolution of video game music with each episode," and will include commentary from producers such as Flying Lotus, Kode9, Ikonika, Fatima Al Qadiri, and others whose musical tastes and interests were shaped by an early exposure to video game music.
The first episode of Diggin' in the Carts is set to land on September 4, but before then, an intriguing trailer for the series can be watched below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player