Reports Confirm DJ Rashad's Death Caused by Drug Overdose
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The artist born Rashad Harden passed away unexpectedly in April, shaking the electronic music community and ushering in an outpouring of adoration for his work from a large range of past collaborators as well as an international collection of DJs, producers, and fans. Though it was suspected at the time, NBC Chicago has now confirmed that drugs were involved in Harden's untimely death, reporting that "toxicological tests found that Rashad [Harden] died of heroin, cocaine, and alprazolam intoxication, and his death was ruled an accident, according to a spokesman for the medical examiner’s office." The site's full report can be read here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player