RVNG Readies New LP from "Minimal Ensemble" Bing & Ruth; Hear a Track Now
- Words: Glenn Jackson
NYC label RVNG has announced it will issue the second full-length effort from "minimal ensemble" Bing & Ruth. Entitled Tomorrow Was the Golden Age, the upcoming LP will find the seven-piece outfit performing nine pieces written and conducted by pianist David Moore. The resulting album is described as a "a halcyonic journey to a never-ending place, where music waxes, wanes and drifts imperceptibly from silence to grand, glowing sound."
Below, the tranquil "The Towns We Love Is Our Town" serves as the first taste of Tomorrow Was the Golden Age, which will see an official release on October 14. In the meantime, the forthcoming album's full tracklist has also been included below.
03. Just like the First Time
04. Police Police Police Police Police
05. Strange Wind
06. The Towns We Love Is Our Town
07. We Are on the Side of Angels
09. Postcard from Brilliant Orange
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player