Unsound Festival Reveals Third Round of Artists
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Poland's Unsound Festival has released the third wave of artists set to appear at this year's event, which takes place from October 12 through 19. This latest round revolves around a number of collaborations, including Norwegian vocalists Jenny Hval & Susanna, and Suzanne Ciani performing on Buchla synth with the members of Demdike Stare as Neotantrik. Ambient artist Grouper (pictured above) makes a guest appearance with The Bug, and ghetto house veteran DJ Funk teams up with Night Slugs' Bok Bok.
Additional names added to the bill include Willie Burns, Bristol collective Young Echo (plus a solo appearance from group member Vessel), Brooklyn duo Blondes, and a Teklife showcase that will also feature DJ Spinn, Taso, DJ Earl, and DJ Taye.
While full festival passes are sold out, tickets to individual events go on sale at the end of the month, and details of the festival's full lineup so far are available here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player