100% Silk Preps New 12" from Vertical67; Hear a Track Now
- Words: James Eaton
- Photo: Antonia May
Berlin producer Thomas Pahl (a.k.a. Vertical67) will return with his second 12" outing for 100% Silk later this month. The six-track Aura EP (which follows Pahl's 2012 effort for the label, Soulmates) will present five new productions from the budding German talent, said to be full of "faded neon, concave rubber basslines, fluorescent synths, and Roland rhythm patterns." Furthermore, the record will be capped off by a remix from 100% Silk regular Octo Octa, who turns in a synth-focused rework of EP cut "Invisible Presence."
Vertical67's Aura EP is currently set to arrive on September 30. In the meantime, the chord-fueled "Heatwaves" can be streamed in full below, where the upcoming record's full tracklist has also been included.
05 Invisible Presence
06 Invisible Presence (Octo Octa Remix)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player