Avalon Emerson Announces Return to Spring Theory
- Words: Kat Leinhart
Avalon Emerson has announced plans to return to the fledgling Spring Theory label this fall with the Let Me Love & Steal EP. The rising DJ/producer has already delivered two releases in the past year, including a 12" for San Francisco-based imprint Icee Hot (a label co-headed by XLR8R editor Shawn Reynaldo) and the Church of SoMa EP which served as Spring Theory's inaugural record. As a press release notes, this latest effort reflects the influence of Berlin—where Emerson recently resettled after uprooting herself from the West Coast—while steering clear of the "industrial clichés that typify foreign expectations of the German capital," instead combining idiosyncratic sampling with driving rhythms to yield four versatile, dancefloor-centered cuts.
Let Me Love & Steal is officially due out on October 20, and we've posted the EP's tracklist and a list of US tour dates below, where Emerson's recent mix for Beats in Space can also be streamed and downloaded. Emerson also recently gave away clutch of remixes and edits; more info on the free collection can be found here.
A1. Let Me Love & Steal
A2. Let Me Love & Steal (Triple Scorpio Mix)
B1. Honest Gangster
B2. Honest Gangster (Arpapella)
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player