Preview D'Marc Cantu's Upcoming EP for Shaddock
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Ann Arbor artist D'Marc Cantu will issue his ZONE 4 EP next week via Barcelona's Shaddock label. Said to present four tracks that have been "carefully thought out, [and] crafted to flow in and out of one another in mood as well as presence," each track from the prolific producer's next effort is intended to "narrate a chapter of the science-fiction tale ZONE 4." A such, the record appears striped with floating textures and space-destined melodies, all of which ride atop steady drum machine rhythms and rounded basslines. "ZONE 4 was the first project that I created as a whole idea," Cantu himself explains in a press release, "It sat for a number of years, shelved until the day that I found a label that would honor it the way I had envisioned."
Set to arrive in stores next week, D'Marc Cantu's forthcoming EP/sci-fi narrative can be previewed below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player