Rødhåd Readies New Single for Token
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Rødhåd has revealed details of "Humaea," his forthcoming single for Belgian label Token. The record is reportedly named for dwarf planet Humaea, located beyond Neptune's orbit, and follows from Rødhåd's debut 12" for the label last year, as well as the more recent Red Rising EP for his own Berlin-based platform Dystopian. The a-side single comes described as "a bleepy production that straddles the divide between the Detroit techno of Jeff Mills and newer European interpretations, mixed with coarse hi-hats that cut straight through the mix." On the flip, a "Dirt" remix offers a minimal alternative, while Token mainstay Ø [Phase] contributes the "Phase Satellite Mix."
The single will see release on September 29 ahead of Token's forthcoming Aphelion compilation, and artwork and a tracklist can be found below.
2. Haumea (Phase Satellite Mix)
3. Haumea (Dirt Mix)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player