Rødhåd Readies New Single for Token
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Rødhåd has revealed details of "Humaea," his forthcoming single for Belgian label Token. The record is reportedly named for dwarf planet Humaea, located beyond Neptune's orbit, and follows from Rødhåd's debut 12" for the label last year, as well as the more recent Red Rising EP for his own Berlin-based platform Dystopian. The a-side single comes described as "a bleepy production that straddles the divide between the Detroit techno of Jeff Mills and newer European interpretations, mixed with coarse hi-hats that cut straight through the mix." On the flip, a "Dirt" remix offers a minimal alternative, while Token mainstay Ø [Phase] contributes the "Phase Satellite Mix."
The single will see release on September 29 ahead of Token's forthcoming Aphelion compilation, and artwork and a tracklist can be found below.
2. Haumea (Phase Satellite Mix)
3. Haumea (Dirt Mix)
- NewsWatch Mr. Oizo's Intense New Video, Directed by Eric Wareheim and Featuring the Glorious Return of Flat Eric
- NewsFour Tet, John Talabot, Jamie xx, and Koreless Soundtrack Short Film; Watch It Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Mr. Oizo
- FeatureHi-Five: Graze Shares the "Bittersweet Electronics" That Helped Shape the Duo's Sound
XLR8R Downloads Player