BBC 1 Radio Host, DJ, and tastemaker Mary Anne Hobbs will begin a 10-date tour of the United States on September 10 in support of her latest compilation on Planet Mu, Wild Angels. The mix features the latest in transatlantic, forward-thinking electronic music, from the underground bassline house of Starkey to the laser-dubstep of Rustie. Read more »
San Francisco's Triple Base Gallery has an installation coming up just around the bend that might be worth checking out if you're strolling along 24th Street in the Mission District neighborhood. Curated by S.F.-based artist Michelle Blade, Involved, Socially is a group exhibition of foil-wrapped letters, photography, and video montages that examines how an artist may be informed by a parallel social practice. Read more »
Given the success of the Tortoise remix series of the '90s, Thrill Jockey is releasing a new limited 12" featuring two new remixes of tracks from Beacons of Ancestorship. "High Class Slim Came Floatin' In" gets the remix treatment from Japanese freakout artist Eye of Boredoms fame, and techno pioneer Mark Ernestus of Basic Channel dubs out "Gigantes."
Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player