Offend Maggie's release date is just around the corner, and Deerhoof has unveiled a the video from the track "Fresh Born," which features much dancing, bright colors, and a stuffed gorilla that enjoys playing the drums and starting fights. If you participated in the whole sheet music thing from a while back, you can hit the mute button on the computer and play your own version while the video rolls. Read more »
Hard to believe, but Broker/Dealer hasn't unveiled a release on Spectral Sound in a good four years. Ryan and Ryan finally put a stop to this silence earlier this week, with the announcement of "Soft Sell." The new single finds the duo returning to the label and still pushing the same quality dance tracks everyone was loving so much in 2004. The release features two brand-new cuts, as well as a couple remixes of the title track courtesy of Kompakt stalwart Thomas Fehlmann. Read more »
The members of CYNE don't just remix indie rock. The hip-hop collective comprised of MCs Akin and Cise and producers Spech and Enoch have their own collection of politically charged hip-hop cuts, which they've packaged up and will release as a full album on Hometapes come October 7.
Read more »
Used-to-bes are usually something of the past no one pays much attention to anymore, often time becoming the punch line to a cheap joke. The A-side off of Beach House's limited-edition, vinyl-only single, "Used To Be," squashes the notion that the Baltimore-duo is anything of the sort. Recorded over the summer of 2008, after months of touring, the release deliberates on the spiritual and physical effects of life on the ever-evolving road, love, and growing older.
Read more »
Thoughts on Portland style from some of the city’s good-lookers.
Where do you get most of your clothes?
Generally at secondhand places, but American Apparel cuts also work well for me.
Is there a Portland look?
There's such an amalgam of style influence, coupled with a rather live-and-let-live attitude. A visiting friend of mine pointed out a kind of European feel in the ubiquity of active lifestyles and the consideration that most people give to their look.
Read more »
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player