There's no disputing that "D.A.N.C.E." is 2007's most essential club banger. Taken from the Parisian duo’s highly-anticipated debut full-length, †, this track is proof that Xavier de Rosnay and Gaspard Augé are onto something huge, and not just a couple of Daft Punk imitators.Read more »
It’s been two years since Modeselektor unleashed Hello Mom! to the masses, and one wonders how an electronic outfit that brought together all things crunk follows up on such a strong debut.
The answer: fill the new album with an all-star guest list, which Modeselektor has done on Happy Birthday!. The new album features a wealth of electronic music’s great sages, including Thom Yorke, TTC, Otto Von Schirach, and a bonus track featuring Maximo Park.Read more »
Grime blew up a few years back, and credit for its popularity must be given to London-based MC/producer Wiley. Hailed as the godfather of the genre, the man born Richard Kylea Cowie made history in East London history with his 2004 debut on XL Recordings, Treddin’ On Thin Ice. Affiliations with the Pay As U Go Cartel and Roll Deep Entourage further solidified his position as a grime innovator.Read more »
Minus' JPLS need not pound his way through peak-time, because this version of "Green01" was made for the sunrise. Sparse, bleep-driven, and as psyched-out as Timothy Leary's corpse rolling around in MDMA, Skoozbot's Twilite remix of this track is the perfect companion to a sleepless night.Read more »
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player